BookFlix for Pre K – 3rd Grade
BookFlix pairs over 135 animated stories with real-world concepts to help new readers improve their skills in English and Spanish. Animated stories and interactive games keep kids engaged and help build vocabulary. Access Bookflix for free with your Library card.
Animated Stories and Interactive Games
- BookFlix is a digital literacy resource that pairs more than 135 animated stories from Weston Woods with a best-selling nonfiction e-book from Scholastic on a similar subject.
- The fiction and nonfiction pairings are designed to strengthen early literacy skills while exposing young learners to real world concepts.
How Do I Get Started?
Available For Use On
- Access BookFlix using an iPad, Chromebook, Windows PC or Mac (Any computer or device with browser and internet access.)
- There is no app for this resource.
Explore nine themes of stories paired with nonfiction resources:
- Animals and Nature
- Earth and Sky
- Family and Community
- People and Places
- Music and Rhyme
- ABC's and 1,2,3's
- 100 classic video storybooks each paired with a related nonfiction eBook (200 titles total).
- Spanish language versions of 27 pairs. (54 titles total)
- Scholastic BookFlix delivers high-interest, interactive content to engage early readers.
- Cultivates key reading skills
- Supports reluctant readers and English Language Learners
- Builds fluency, vocabulary, and reading comprehension
- Provides an excellent home-school resource
- Great for story-hour programming
- Read-aloud with word highlighting