MAIN LIBRARY - Frisco
County Commons Building
0037 County Road 1005
Friday & Saturday 9am-5pm
NORTH BRANCH - Silverthorne
651 Center Circle
SOUTH BRANCH - Breckenridge
103 South Harris Street
The library is for the use of the Summit County community and visitors thereto.
All intended use of the library shall be limited to conduct consistent with the quiet, contemplative study purpose of the library.
Any behavior or action that is disruptive to the intended optimum library use shall be cause for expulsion from the premises.
Such unacceptable conduct includes, but is not limited to, loitering, soliciting, loud talking, sleeping, offensive odor, use of personal music devices without headphones, and any other conduct that may inhibit patron use and staff function.
"Policies and procedures document for the Use of the Summit County Libraries" ratified on January 27, 2000 — The Library Board
Library Bill of Rights
The American Library Association affirms that all libraries are forums for information and ideas, and that the following basic policies should guide their services.
Summit County libraries will provide free, equitable, and organized access to Internet resources. The Library is committed to providing public access to the Internet, as well as to the development of a catalog of library holdings, periodical indexes and databases and other text files of local and regional interest.
Summit County Library has limited control over the information accessed through the Internet.
We cannot be held responsible for its content, nor can we be held responsible for any financial losses that might occur through the activities of our patrons conducted over the Internet.
We cannot guarantee the security or confidentiality of transactions conducted over the Internet. As with other library materials, supervision or restriction of a child's access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian. It is also the responsibility of the child.
Much of the information on the Internet is timely, useful, and/or entertaining. Some of it is dated, erroneous, or offensive. This is also the case with printed materials. Library users should cast a cautious eye on any and all data they discover.
Internet Use Contracts
Children under the age of 18 will need to have a parent/guardian signed permission form in order to use the library's Internet. You must sign up to use the Internet computers. You may reserve one hour per day, and one day in advance; if no one else is waiting you may reserve a second hour. If you print out pages, there will be a charge of $0.25 per page. You may not download to a disc or upload from a disc using the library's Internet computers. If you damage the Internet computers, you will pay for the cost of repairs or replacement.
Engaging in unacceptable uses of the library's Internet resources will result in a loss of access to Internet resources and library privileges.
- It is not acceptable to use Summit County Library's electronic resources for illegal or criminal use.
- It is not acceptable to use library workstations to view obscene material.
- It is not acceptable to violate legal protections provided by copyright and licenses to program or data.
- It is not acceptable to use library resources to seek to infiltrate a computer or computing system and/or damage or alter software or hardware components of a local or remote computer or computing system.
- It is not acceptable to seek information, obtain copies of, or modify files, or other data, or passwords belonging to other users.
- Users shall not represent themselves as another user unless explicitly authorized to do so by that user.
- It is not acceptable to falsify one's age to gain access to Internet sites.
- It is not acceptable to use library Internet workstations beyond the time limits established by library staff.
- It is not acceptable to use library workstations to send intimidating, sexually offensive, or harassing messages.
Revised and approved by the Summit County Library Board February 28, 2002