MAIN LIBRARY - Frisco
County Commons Building
0037 County Road 1005
Friday & Saturday 9am-5pm
NORTH BRANCH - Silverthorne
651 Center Circle
SOUTH BRANCH - Breckenridge
103 South Harris Street
Summit County Library Foundation
The Summit County Library Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) entity formed in 1991. Its Mission is to serve as an advocate for the Summit County Library System and to provide financial support beyond the Library's normal operating expenditures, when unanticipated needs arise, and for capital projects. The Foundation is served by an all-volunteer Board of Directors drawn from interested residents of Summit County. If you are interested in finding out more about the Foundation and its activities please call Pat Taylor at 970-262-5940.
In addition to our regular fundraising activities to support Summit County Library programs such as children's reading projects, expansion of the downloadable e-book and audio book collections, and funding for the Library's community relations events, the Foundation recently funded a new sign for the North Branch in Silverthorne and provided a replacement globe for the Main Branch in Frisco. Please see the attached 2014 2014 Annual Report Foundation.pdf for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2014. Please see the 2013-14 Library Foundation 990 Form 2014 Library Foundation 990 - Public Copy.pdf
FOUNDATION BOARD CHANGES
At the Annual Meeting of the Summit County Library Foundation Board held on 6/2/15, Patricia Taylor was elected to be the new Chairman, following the resignation of Brian Edney. Pat was formerly President of the Summit County Library Board of Trustees and most recently a member of the Library Foundation Board.
After more than four years as Chairman of the Foundation Board and leading the fund raising effort to build a new South Branch Library in the remodeled Old Breckenridge Schoolhouse, Brian decided it was time to hand over the reins to Pat. Additionally, following the resignation of Amy Priegel as Finance Director, Paul Finkel was elected to replace her. Carol Roslund, Secretary to the Board, also resigned and was replaced by Dana Christiansen.
The Executive Committee now comprises: Pat Taylor, Chairman; Mary Lynne Kneller, Vice-Chairman, Cass Dombrowski, Treasurer, Paul Finkel, Finance and Dana Chrisitiansen, Secretary.
NEW SOUTH BRANCH LIBRARY
An agreement was made in September 2012 between the Board of County Commissioners and the Town of Breckenridge to rehabilitate the 1909 Schoolhouse in Breckenridge to provide a new South Branch Library, a Community Center, a remodeled Speakeasy Movie Theatre and offices for several Summit County non-profit organizations. To support the cost of the project, which was originally estimated to cost $7.4 million, the Summit County Library Foundation was asked to raise $2 million from individuals, charitable trusts and businesses. Together with the Breckenridge Heritage Alliance and the Town of Breckenridge, the target was achieved in 2014 with a total raised of $2,094,092.
The new library was officially opened in January 2015.
This would not have been achieved without the active support and participation of numerous volunteers from the Library Foundation, Library staff, individuals from the community, the County Commissioners and staff, the Town of Breckenridge Council and staff, and the staff of the Breckenridge Heritage Alliance.
SUPPORT THE LIBRARY FOUNDATION.
Help us reach the peak of success with your financial contribution, as this will enable the Foundation to continue to provide you with excellent features and services. Please consider making a tax deductible contribution today, either by a check made out to the Summit County Library Foundation at PO Box 770, Frisco, CO 80443, or by credit card using the on-line system below.
Three New Ways to Help Library Foundation
1) Choose Amazon & Bring Smiles to the Library. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible Amazon products to the Summit County Library Foudnation when you choose us at www.smile.amazon.com.
2) City Market Rewards Program requires its donors to re-enroll annually in December. If you are a Rewards member please take a moment this month and follow the instructions below to continue your support. If you are not a Rewards member your enrollment now will be appreciated as the money donated by City Market to the Summit Library Foundation goes to funding our libraries.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENROLLMENT ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Search www.citymarket.com/ on your computer.
2. Once you are on the site a bar along the top of the screen will give you choices. Click on Community,
3. You are given two choices. Click on Community Rewards.
4. On the new screen that appears sigh in if you are a Community Rewards member. New members please create an account by following the prompts on the screen.
5. Find our organization by keying in Summit County Library Foundation.
Thank you in advance for your time and support.