MAIN LIBRARY - Frisco
County Commons Building
0037 County Road 1005
Friday & Saturday 9am-5pm
NORTH BRANCH - Silverthorne
651 Center Circle
SOUTH BRANCH - Breckenridge
103 South Harris Street
As Library Opens January 20th 2015
Getting a Library Card
Who can get a library card?
Summit County Residents and Property Owners
Anyone living in the County, presenting acceptable identification, or anyone owning property in the County, presenting a property tax receipt, and acceptable identification is entitled to a free library card.
Non-Residents Employed in Summit County
Anyone who does not reside in Summit County but who is permanently employed in Summit County may obtain a free library card by presenting a letter from his/her employer or an employee identification card documenting his/her employment in Summit County.
Colorado Library Card Holders
Anyone presenting a valid library card from a participating Colorado Library Card library may borrow Summit County Library materials subject to Summit County Library policies.
Anyone not falling within any of the classifications may purchase a Guest Card for a non-refundable annual fee of $20.00 (cash or check) and will be limited to checking out 3 items at a time. The Guest Card is good for one year.
What is acceptable identification?
- Colorado Driver's License with current local address
- Summit County Property Tax Receipt
- Colorado vehicle registration with current local address
- Rent receipt with current local address
- Lease agreement with current local address
- Local pay stub
- Letter from employer (on letterhead) or employee identification card
- Utility bill addressed to applicant at current address
- Bank book, check book, savings account book containing current local address
- Applicant's name listed in current phone book white page
- Passport containing local address
- Voter registration containing local address
What is non-acceptable identification?
- Hunting/fishing license
- Post office box receipt
- W-2 Form
- CMC registration
- Social Security card
Where can the library card be used?
- A Summit County Library card can be used at the Main Library in Frisco, the North Branch Library in Silverthorne, and the South Branch Library in Breckenridge.
- Materials borrowed from any of the three libraries may be returned to any of the three.
- Each library has an outdoor book drop to be used when the library is closed.
- Borrowers are limited to two items (at the discretion of library staff) on their first visit. New library cards will be mailed to them.
- Materials not on a waiting list may be renewed by phone, in person or via this web site as many as two times.
- Eligible patrons who do not currently have a Summit County Library card, and are unable to come to the library to apply for one, can arrange for a librarian to visit their residence and issue a card. Please contact the library for details.
Revised and approved by the Summit County Library Board on February 28, 2002.